Saturday, October 8, 2011

Day 521

I'm feeling more like myself today. Still crappy, maybe 10% better than I was yesterday, but I'm still sick and probably will have the "leftovers" (stuffy nose and cough) for a week or so, I would guess.
I was starting to go a little crazy spending so much time alone in my office, so I wanted to make some cupcakes. I washed my hands lots, and I wore a germ mask while I made them (I'm not even kidding).

I saw this recipe for Spiced Apple Cider Cake with Salted Caramel Frosting and I had been dying to try it, so... today, that's what I did to entertain myself!

I followed the recipe outlined on April's page, but I added 6 packets of cider instead of 5, and I used some caramel sauce I picked up at Whole Foods, because I hate melting caramels. The prepackaged stuff worked GREAT! I would say if you're going to use a caramel sauce like I did, make sure it's high quality. I used "Kings Cupboard's Cream Caramel Sauce."



 I finished the cupcakes off by sprinkling cinnamon sugar over the top of them. They were great! A wee bit too much salt in the frosting, but I can't wait to try these again, they were scrumptious!

4 comments:

MommyNamedApril said...

Yay! So glad they came out well! Sorry to hear you're under the weather :-(

jabblog said...

I hope you're feeling much better now - take it easy - you don't want to go down with something else. Animals are such a comfort when you're feeling ill, aren't they?

lisa said...

This combination sounds wonderful, and they look so yummy too!

Kat said...

oooh, that sounds delicious! Hope you're feeling way better now, being sick sucks!