Saturday, February 19, 2011

Day 293

Book club meeting #8! This month we read "A Northern Light" by Jennifer Donnelly. A sad little book. I had to force myself to finish it. It wasn't bad, and I didn't really dislike it, I just don't think it was my type of story.
Carolyn hosted this month and she made us yummy muffins, biscotti and fruit! Thanks Carolyn!


These were taken before I went to book club. It's been quite cold here! But still, no snow that sticks :(


Later that night, Natalie and Sam and I went to see The King's Speech. I kinda crashed their movie night . I had been dying to see that movie and when they mentioned they were going, I asked if I could tag along. Thanks for letting me come, girls!

The movie was SO good!!! It actually had some comical parts, and was an interesting historical story! Colin Firth and Geoffrey Rush were great! Colin Firth had damn well better win Best Actor next week. I can't imagine how difficult it was to play that role.

After the movie, the three of us went to Barnes and Nobel, so the girls could pick up our next book for book club.

Favorite moment of the day: Natalie, Sam and I were in Barnes and Nobel after the movie, browsing for books. Natalie kept picking up ridiculous book titles (mostly absurd political books) and suggesting we read them for our book next month.  I was across the aisle, looking at some of the bargain books, when Natalie says "How about this one?" as she holds up "No Apology" by Mitt Romney with a smirk on her face. I shouted "NO!" with such enthusiasm, that a random woman passing by commented "I agree. Very much so!"

Hysterical. :)

2 comments:

Natalie said...

Quit saying you crashed our movie night! You crashed nothing! Happy you came, it was a lot of fun :)

Rachel said...

:) ahahah okay good! I had so much fun and was glas to be there!!