Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Day 290

It snowed!!!
The snowflakes were HUGE. Seriously, one fell ON my iphone and it was almost as large as my screen. So fluffy and wonderful!

It didn't stick for very long :( I would say by noon it had all melted away! So sad!

I woke up this morning feeling kind of run down. I might be catching a cold. Despite that, I pulled myself out of bed, went to work, and also went to the gym even though I really didn't want to. I didn't feel better after going, however, as I heading to my car, I saw a tall, rather good looking fella. As I got closer to him, he started to look REALLY familiar. I cocked my head to the side, and then so did he, and as I finally got to where I could see him, I realized it was a good friend of mine who I grew up with.

I hadn't seen him since maybe a year after high school graduation, but this was someone I was always fond of. We had known each other since we were 10, I would estimate, and I had always wondered what had happened to him. Sometimes that happens, you know? You just lose touch with people you really liked and care about, and you always wonder what they're up to. That's probably why Facebook is so popular, it eliminates most of that sort of feeling.

 "I know you!!!" I said with excitement as I walked by him. He repeated me "Hey, I know YOU!" and he reached his arm out, to what I presumed was to shake my hand, but instead pulled me in for a hug! I was hot, sweaty and probably didn't smell so great after 45 minutes on the elliptical, so that felt kind of awkward, but in such a nice way. I am such a gawky hugger sometimes, especially when I'm holding a gym bag, a purse, my jacket, and a water bottle! Oi! He didn't seem to mind though.
We chatted for awhile about what we had been up to, and what we were hoping to do with our futures. It really brightened my day and made me so happy to run into him, and to know that he's flourishing and doing well. We agreed that we would likely run into each other again since we visit the gym at the same time, and we went on our separate ways. I smiled all the way home. He's leaving in a month for school, so I do hope to run into my long lost friend at least once more before he heads off to study his calling. Totally random reconnections are the best.

=)

4 comments:

Katie said...

The snow is not stopping! :) You should take the same photos, same angle in the summer!

xoxo
Katie

Rachel said...

Hahaha, maybe the snow isn't stopping where you're from Katie!! I'm so jealous. I love the snow! Send some over to Oregon!!

Kat said...

I can sand you some of our snow, if you like? I'm so fed up with winter....! But YAY! for running into long lost friends and finding the old connection, how lovely!

Kat said...

*send, yeah