Friday, November 19, 2010

Day 201

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, part 1!!

Natalie, Jeff, and I went to the 7:15 showing tonight. I really wanted to go to a midnight showing, but since I work so early in the morning, that just wasn't feasible. Part 2 though... I'll use some vacation time, and Natalie, we're going!!

We showed up an hour early... and were the first people in line. Whoops! It actually wasn't even crowded, which was surprising. I liked the movie a lot. I'm not sure where it ranks in terms of my favorite of the Potter films, but I thought the cinematography was beautiful, and they did a fairly decent job of pacing the film, given that the first half of the 7th book is pretty much Harry, Ron and Hermione whining about camping in the woods.

There were a few artistic liberties taken I didn't really appreciate. They removed the one scene with Harry and Dudley which actually redeems Dudley being such an ass, they left out the scene with Harry and pals cleaning up Grimmauld Place, and kinda just brushed over Bill and Fleur's wedding. ALSO, the actor they picked for Bill was not the handsome dreamboat I was expecting. In the book they describe Bill as being muscular with long hair, and being very "cool." The actor they selected was a tall gangly thing. Blah.

But overall, I liked the movie. I'm going to try and make it to the theater again to see it and then give my final judgement on it, but I really can't wait for July and part 2!!  So far away! I guess I'll just have to re-read the series before then :)
 
Yes, yes, playing around with the hipstamatic filter on my iPhone. Such a bad photographer I am! Real photographers don't use digital filters! Hahaha.

No comments: