Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Day 199

Book club night! Pam hosted this month and made us delicious turkey chili and cornbread!


We read Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, which was cute. It was surprisingly hard to read, at times. I felt like I had to read certain sections more than once to understand what was going on, and after awhile, I just gave up and read right through, so I know there are tons of jokes and references that I didn't get because of that, which makes me sad. Still love the movie though, even though it deviates from the book, like... a lot.

1 comment:

Kat said...

I love Hitchhiker.., one of my favourite books :) Try some of Douglas Adams' other books, the Dirk Gently ones (detective stories with a sprinkle of fantasy) are a lot of fun, and have a somewhat more straight forward plot line ;)