Sunday, November 7, 2010

Day 189

Suzanne Collins visited Powell's books today for a book signing! My friend Sam and I brought our books to have them signed. Suzanne Collins is the author of "The Hunger Games" trilogy, one of my favorites.

For my readers who may not be familiar with the Portland area, Powell's is one of, if not the largest, used book store in America. It's an amazing stop for anyone who visits Portland (just in case you're planning a visit  ;)

Powell's! And a very violent sign warning of bike crashes...

The nice workers of Powell's provided trivia for us to pass the time. We finished the entire crossword puzzle, but there were several trivia questions we couldn't answer. Whoops!

We arrived at 11am, a good hour early. The line was pretty substantial. We were looped halfway around the Pearl room, for those that are familiar with Powell's. The line stretched down the stairway and halfway into the purple room!! It was a GOOD thing we got there so early! The line moved super fast for how many people were there. We were done by 12:30. Instead of a typical signature, Ms. Collins was stamping books because of a hand injury. That sped things up considerably.

She's so tiny! I freaking love her Mockingjay necklace. Obviously it's high quality, much better than the cheap one I bought at Hot Topic, LOL. Sadly, because she was stamping books and not signing them, you barely got a chance to say HI to her. I wish there had been time to actually talk with her, even if it was only for a few seconds. Basically all we had time to do was look at her, get our picture taken, and then we were ushered away. So that kinda sucked. However the stamp was BEAUTIFUL.
Sam got her copy of Mockingjay "signed," and I got my copy of The Hunger Games signed. It was the first book signing for both of us, and I think we both had a lot of fun! Not a bad way to spend a Sunday morning :)

No comments: