Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Day 121

I start my new job tomorrow. I'm super excited, but also nervous and worried. It's a bit of a paycut compared to what I was getting on unemployment (and even moreso compared to the shiny movie place), but it's a job I really wanted and the benefits are great, so it'll be worth it, right?


Sometimes I feel like the odds are stacked against me. I get a job one week after my car is crashed? How does that work in terms of fate? Life is funny.

Speaking of the car crash, Dr. Horrible is still in the car hospital and they expect to have him until September the 10th. I need a car to get to work, so I went out and rented one today. It's an expense that I really wasn't anticipating, but it's needed. Plus I still owe the $500 deductible on the Mini once the car is all done, and my credit card is not exactly where I want it to be in terms of paying it off. Honestly I don't even know how I let it get so high in the first place.

Well, I do and I don't. There were a couple of big ticket items that went on it and I thought I could pay off quickly. Vegas was a huge expense, the room was amazing but now the happy memories of that trip are stained because of someone who came with us. "You can take back your memories, they're no good to me." Oh All American Rejects, so true, so true.  I think of how much money we could have saved on a room if it had just been us three girls, but then I have to remind myself that it's pointless trying to rewrite the past. $1,500 on a room? What was I thinking?

Buying more personal training sessions while I was unemployed wasn't the smartest move either, but it was necessary. Sadly those have to come to an end for sure at this point.

I hate money. But I am so thankful that I was able to get my insurance company's rate at the rental place, that made a HUGE difference. So for now, I'm bee-boppin around in a weird little sedan. It'll do. For 10 days. I've named him Captain Hammer. Since, you know, my Mini is Dr. Horrible. Yeah? Yeah? Anyone?

I want my Mini back.

No comments: