Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Day 115

Raced to finish The Passage this afternoon. I had 150 pages to read today before our book club meeting at 6pm. I finished the book with 1.5 hours to spare. The last few pages were immensely frustrating, but overall I enjoyed the book and look forward to the next one in the series.  And if Ridley Scott is directing the movie version of the book, then I am WAY excited for that.

For those who don't know, or are new to this blog, I'm in a monthly book club with a few close friends. Last month we read Ender's Game, and next month we're reading The Princess Bride. I'm going to get out to Powells either tomorrow or Friday and try and find an older copy of the book since it's been out for awhile, and I like having versions other than the typical mass market paperbacks.

Natalie hosted this month's meeting, and she made us a delicious dinner of nachos, beans and cheese.
Sam and Faith getting their dinner ready!
 I thought the way Sam was preparing her nachos was super cute, so I took a photo of the process and also the final result, before she ate it ;)

Natalie always has such pretty candles in her apartment!

I'm looking forward to reading most of Mockingjay tomorrow. I've got a job interview in the afternoon, and I really should get back to the gym now that my shoulder is feeling slightly better, but other than that, I intend to have my head in that book all day. Gym first, book second. I know once I start that book, I won't be able to put it down until I know how it all ends.

P.S. The text portion of this blog should be outlined by a white block to make it easier to read, instead of having black text against the textured background, however the white block is not showing up on my computer. If this entry was hard to read, could you please let me know, and I'll have to fiddle with the settings somewhat?

2 comments:

LarryLilly said...

This is much better.

Its more business/work friendly, like any other thing you may read on a screen

Rachel said...

I've been reading all about 35mm cameras for a class and it made me think of you. Although I'm not sure what camera you're using (probably not a 35 mm, given you'd have to scan all the photos?), the photos simply came to mind. Which, I'm jealous of the nachos and might have to make myself some soon.

Happy reading, I'm nearing the end of the first Hunger Games myself (a bit late to the game, I know). And Ender's Game is on my shelf waiting to be read too! The book club sounds like a cute idea, I've always thought it would be fun to be a part of one :)