Monday, August 23, 2010

Day 113

Went to visit Dr. Horrible in the car hospital today. The damage was no where near as bad as I thought it had been. My Dad joked "Rach, there's hardly a scratch on it!"




Right Dad...
As you can see from the photo, my Dad was being generous. There are plenty of scratches and dings and crunches on it. But it's NOT totaled, and it's not as bad as I remembered. Like I said, flashbulb memories. Vivid and so real, but not entirely accurate.



The left side light was totally smashed.

It was hard to take pictures of the actual damage because they had my car in pieces, but it was all contained to the front left side, and they said only a few parts will have to be replaced.




I want to really thank my friends Lydina and Jeff for the recommendation on the body shop. Everyone there so far has been very kind and straightforward.

It'll be at least two weeks before I get my Mini back, and I apparently don't have car rental coverage on my insurance, so I'm kinda stuck for awhile.

But I get my beloved car back. And I am alive.

8 comments:

Celio Ventorim said...

adoro carros antigos.
esta fotos som muito interessantes

Rachel said...

I'm not sure if you can read/write english, I had to use free translations to understand your comment, haha! But the Mini Cooper is only 2 years old, so not a older, classic Mini. But thank you for saying hello!

Dr. JuanPa said...

Hello !

Nice Blog and Nice Photos !
Hope you enjoy soon your Mini Cooper again :). Anyway, your blog it´s a good way to discover normal life things happening at the other side of Atlatic.

Pleased to meet you and Greetings From Spain !!!

(Sorry if my english is not totally rigth)

LarryLilly said...

I thought it was totaled. I can hear my wife remind me for the umpteenth time. Honey, your still batting a thousand.

LOL

Fickle Cattle said...

That looks bad. I mean for your car at least. Good thing you're ok.

http://ficklecattle.blogspot.com/

Rachel said...

@Dr. JuanPa Hi!! thanks for the very nice compliment! Your english is excellent!

@ Larry, no worries man, from the sounds of it, one of your children was in a similar crash. The damage is quite expensive, they're estimating $6,200 at least... 1/3rd the worth of the car :(

Rachel said...

Goodness...let me start by saying I'm glad you're okay because as beautifully clear and colorful as these pictures are, the damage doesn't look good. You're lucky your vehicle could be saved!

I was just curious to see my new follower's blog, and it looks great. Your pictures (especially the nature shots) are very pretty and I'm jealous of how clear your camera is! Anyway, just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the follow and good luck with your blogging journey.

Rachel said...

Rachel, you're very welcome, I found your blog via the comments on 52 weeks of wordage and really enjoyed your writing style, and you seemed a lot like me, so I just had to follow your blog :)

And thank you for the compliments! I strive to be a better photographer every day, and that's why I started this blog :)