Sunday, August 22, 2010

Day 112


Doesn't this look like something out of a horror film? It's the porch light in our neighbor's backyard. Green light? Really sir?

I redesigned my blog today. Made a new banner for it, changed the layout and the background. I'm not sure I like it better than the last one, but it's more customizable now, so I suppose I can change it if I really want. I miss LiveJournal. I know, that's soooooo 2000. But I do. I like blogger, I do, but there was something different about LiveJournal and the way you could customize it. More user friendly, maybe. I don't know.

I keep dreading tomorrow. I'm expecting the body shop to call me and tell me the extent of the damage, and also how long the Mini will be in the shop. My Dad is guessing about 2 weeks. That would be acceptable compared to my greatest fear, which is that they're going to tell me it's totalled.

I know there's no point in worrying about it since there's nothing I can do anymore (just like so many things in my life) but that's not who I am. I worry about things constantly; I don't let things go. But I'm a control freak and always have been. Is that something people can change, or is it embedded in you from birth?

I hope you all had an enjoyable weekend and a relaxing Sunday.

3 comments:

LarryLilly said...

Saw your post in Leesas blog, so i followed you here.

I will peruse your past stuff past the fist page which i have seen this am.

Yeah, god is quirky and all, I can so hear your parents, because chances are I am older than they are since your ten years younger than my two single sons. I never got bent out of shape about the two Y's in the family, well, life has ups and downs, I had an uncle that was first married when he was late 50's, but then he died 6 months later LOL.

Keep on the side of the small opening of the camera, its best for longevity.

LarryLilly said...

PS, I place odds that its totaled. If the doors are hard to open, the frame is shot since the body IS the frame. My eldest son totaled a 6 month old car of mine back in high school when he was on his way for a SAT test. The car was drivable, put being a front wheel drive, they said nada, never get the drive train inline again for sure.

Rachel said...

Thanks for saying hello and for the camera tip, I'll give that a try with my big camera, last night I was just using my point and shoot.

Thankfully, I found out today the Mini is not totaled! But they'll have it for at least two weeks for repairs... which I'm fine with. Better they take their time and fix it, then I don't get my beloved car back.