Friday, July 16, 2010

Day 75


For my birthday this year, I'm getting a puppy :) He's arriving a bit early, I get to bring him home on the 22nd, but that's okay with me.

There are a lot of reasons why we're bringing this dog into our family. I've been missing my baby girl. Angel passed away in early October of 09 and while I've got Anakin, who is the most amazing cat in the world... at the end of the day, he's still a cat and does his own thing. I miss my dog every day and while it's something that you learn to deal with, if you don't have that constant, unconditional love in your life, it does feel like something is missing.

Adding to the fact that, I've just plum lost a lot in the last 12 months. My dog, my job, and now worst of all, my best friend, it's just been building up to the point where I cry almost every day for one reason or another, I don't sleep well, I either starve or over-eat... it's just been a really emotional couple of months and short of going on medication, I wasn't sure what else to do. A dog seems like a small monitary investment, even in my financial bind, to invest in my happiness.

Dog food and vet bills are cheaper than anti-depressants without health insurance. Seriously.

No comments: