Monday, June 28, 2010

Day 58

Went to dinner with my old friend Lindsay to catch up! She knows I'm having a hard time right now and offered to listen to my struggles. It was so nice to not only talk about it with someone, but just to plain catch up with a friend I didn't realize I had missed so much!
On the way home from dinner I realized that I had made a pretty huge mistake, and felt the need to call someone who has hurt me very much, but now I just keep hurting him back.

I took this a few minutes before I had decided I needed to find somewhere to pull over and make an important call. I was frantic looking for somewhere safe to do it. I pulled over at a church parking lot on Alexander, I think. Before I called I prayed that the person on the other end would answer.
They didn't.

I believe that God gives us obstacles he knows that we're capable of handling, even though it doesn't feel like it right now. But I also think that some of these lessons are extremely hard to learn and God doesn't mean for them to be handled on your own.

No comments: