Thursday, May 20, 2010

Day 18


"This is my body, and I can do whatever I want to it. I can push it. Study it. Tweak it. Listen to it. Everbody wants to know what I'm on. What am i on? I'm on my bike, busting my ass six hours a day. What are you on?" -Lance Armstrong

There aren't a whole lot of athletes I have much respect for, or admire much. Probably because I don't give a crap about sports. I do, however, enjoy watching the Tour De France every year with my family, and I've always loved Lance Armstrong and his passion to push himself, his sport, and other people.

So to watch the news today, and see yet ANOTHER accusation of Lance Armstrong "taking drugs" to better himself at his sport, after the man has been under scrutinty for YEARS and come up clean, makes me rather angry. Shame on Landis and whatever agenda he has.

Can't people just accept that Armstrong is an amazing athlete and works his ass off to get the results he does? Most people can't wrap their heads around it because that much physical work is beyond what most of us can think of doing on the weekend... and this man does it EVERY SINGLE DAY.

Lance Armstrong is the greatest cyclist of all time, if not one of the greatest athletes of all time. Period. He's done so many drug tests showing that he's clean that it's not even funny anymore, it's just down right annoying. Leave the man alone.

I'm stepping off my soap box now. And going to work extra hard at the gym tomorrow.

No comments: